Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Albany Law School
Albany Law School looks forward to welcoming and supporting students of all races, cultures, gender identities, sexual orientations, and abilities. Albany Law School is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment for its growing population that will allow for a greater understanding and valuing of differences while also embracing similarities to achieve a common mission.
Law School Admission Council’s Diversity Guide
To learn more about the importance of diversity in law school, review the Law School Admission Council’s diversity guide.
ABA Diversity Resources
The American Bar Association offers a collection of programs, toolkits, and resources related to: implicit bias, allyship, gender equity, accessibility, invisible barriers, and racial equity in the justice system. We encourage all students to review those resources to educate themselves.
Programs & Projects
We believe diversity is not only an asset, but that it is our responsibility to create an educational experience that reflects the diversity of our world. Albany Law School offers a variety of paid and volunteer opportunities for students to learn about and/or encourage diversity.
- Summer Programs for Incoming Undergraduate Students
- Youth Tutoring Work/Study Programs
- Volunteer Diversity Mentor/Tutoring Opportunities
- Diversity Mentorship Program for Students
- The Language Project (Professional development for bilingual and/or multilingual students)
- Lean Into Success Program
Our students come from all backgrounds and experiences, and with more than 20 student organizations: there is a place for everyone. Many groups work for social change through public forums, publish articles, or sponsor and host well-known speakers. Others may donate their time for legal research for a group in need, solicit pro bono legal help, or raise funds for a specific cause.
Explore our student organizations and get involved
External Scholarships & Fellowships
The Financial Aid Office frequently receives information from various outside organizations that offer scholarships. This information is distributed to Albany Law School students and/or applicants for admission, usually via email, depending on the scholarship criteria.
- Harter Secrest & Emery Diversity Scholarship
- Fish & Richardson Fellowship
- Bronx Residents Scholarship
- DRI Law Student Diversity Scholarship
Organizations such as civic groups, alumni associations and local bar associations may have scholarship programs. The following websites may help you with your search:
- ArentFox Schiff Accepting 2023 Diversity Scholarship Applications - Apply; FAQ; More Info
- 2022 Cole Schotz P.C. Diversity Scholarship Application (July 1 Deadline)
- National Conference of Bar Presidents Diversity Scholarship (Deadline, April 25, 2022)
- ABA LGBT Public Interest Scholarship
- Loretta Collins Argrett Fellowship (Deadline April 3, 2022)
- 2022 Trans/Nonbinary Law Graduates of Color Grant Fund
- Mapping Your Future
- Federal Student Aid
- Big Future by The College Board
- Law Preview Scholarships Sponsored By Milbank
- Law School Scholarship Finder
- The New York Bar Foundation
- BarBri Law Preview