The Career and Professional Development Center at Albany Law School engages in reciprocal service arrangements for students and alumni of ABA-accredited law schools. Such services are provided on the following basis:
- Reciprocity requests are considered individually and are generally granted on a one-to-one basis. The Career and Professional Development Center reserves the right to suspend access by students or graduates of law schools whose requests for reciprocity become substantially disproportionate to Albany Law School’s.
- A written request for services from an authorized representative of the requesting student's/graduate's law school career office must be received in advance of the office visit.
- Services are available for a period of three (3) months following the receipt of the letter of request.
- Available services include use of the office's reference materials, resource room, and access to job listings on the ALBANYLAW LINK (CSM) from our office computers. Reciprocity candidates will not be granted access to remote online job listings.
- We expect that reciprocity-requesting schools will provide in-kind access. Services do not include counseling or participation in on-campus/resume referral programs.
- Reciprocity recipients wishing to use the resources in our office must make arrangements with us at least 48 hours prior to their visit. Reciprocity recipients must bring their letter from Albany Law granting reciprocity, and a photo ID with them the day of their visit. *NOTE* Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person visits to Albany Law School are not possible at this time.
- Reciprocity is suspended from July 1 through November 15.
- If any problems arise with a reciprocity recipient, we reserve the right to notify the requesting school and terminate his/her privileges.