Anthony V. Cardona '70 Moot Court Program
Hone Your Courtroom Skills
Participation in Moot Court prepares students who represent Albany Law School in some of the most prestigious regional, national and international competitions. These competitions provide excellent experience in legal research, analysis, writing and oral advocacy. Additionally, they provide students with superb networking opportunities and also give students a great sense of accomplishment, teamwork and school spirit.
Albany Law School interschool competitions, also referred to as "travel teams," allow Albany Law students to compete against other law schools throughout the United States.
During the 2022-2023 academic year, Albany Law School will compete in several national competitions, as well as host the 35th Annual Domenick L. Gabrielli Family Law Competition in early March 2023. In addition to these highlights, Albany Law School will continue to host four intra-school competitions: Karen C. McGovern Senior Prize Trials, Donna Jo Morse Client Counseling, Domenick L. Gabrielli Appellate Advocacy, and Donna Jo Morse Negotiations.
Highlights/Winners from last year (2021-2022) include:
- McGovern Senior Prize Trials Competition: Nora E. Baker '22 & Lisa C. Hladik '22
- Morse Client Counseling Competition: Tori L. Deyo '22 & Danielle L. Lynch '22
- Gabrielli Appellate Advocacy Competition: James C. Ashley '23 & Allison M. Magnarelli '23
- Morse Negotiations Competition: Maggie R. Holmes '23 & Hilana T. Said '23
- ABA Negotiations - REGIONAL FINALISTS: Beven B. Nedumthakady '23 & Nichole E. Scholl '22
- ABA Client Counseling - REGIONAL SEMIFINALISTS: Tori L. Deyo '22 & Danielle L. Lynch '22
Quick Reference for Participation
|McGovern Senior Prize Trial||Bailiffs
|Gabrielli Appellate Advocacy||Bailiffs||Competitors||N/A|
|Morse Client Counseling||Clients||Competitors||Competitors|
|Gabrielli Family Law||Bailiffs||Bailiffs||Bailiffs|
The Inter-School Competitions are not yet selected for 2022-2023. If you have questions about these Competitions, please contact the Moot Court Director of Competitions, Mia C. Dardanelli at MDardanelli@albanylaw.edu.
Get in Contact
Rebecca L. Novick
2022-2023 Moot Court Board Executive Director
Professor Kanika Johar
Moot Court Program Faculty Advisor