Second Annual Diversity Week Celebrates Culture, Connections at Albany Law School
The We Are Albany Law portrait installation – a new display in the Schaffer Law Library that honors alumni selected by student affinity groups – was unveiled March 6 and features seven Albany Law School graduates.
The unveiling kicked off the second annual Diversity Week at Albany Law School, hosted by the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
The installation features:
- The Honorable Elizabeth A. Garry ’90 - Honored by the students of OUTLaw
- The Honorable Richard Rivera ’91 - Honored by the students of the Latin American Law Students Association (LALSA)
- The Honorable Zainab A. Chaudhry ’98 - Honored by the students of the Muslim Law Students Association (MLSA)
- The Honorable Lillian Wan ’00 - Honored by the students of the Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA)
- Prof. Daniel C. Bollana ’16 - Honored by the students of the Italian American Law Student Association (IALSA)
- Alicia F. Johnson, Esq. ’20 - Honored by the students of the Black Law Students Association (BLSA)
- Kristen A. Davis, Esq. ’22 - Honored by the students of The Women’s Law Caucus
Diversity Week continued with a full slate of events including:
- Tasty Tuesday, a bake sale to benefit several community partners
- Cannoli Social presented by the Italian American Law Students Association (IALSA)
- A celebration of the Sakura/Cherry Blossom Festival presented by the Muslim Law Students Association (MSLA) and the Asian-Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA).
- A Multicultural Cabaret, sponsored by Latin American Law Students Association (LALSA) and cosponsored by APALSA, BLSA, The Cardozo Legal Society, Albany Law Democrats, The Federalist Society, IALSA, Immigrant Law Society, the Women’s Leadership Initiative, the women’s Law Caucus, MLSA, Gaelic Law Society, the Nontraditional Law Students Association, OUTlaw, and the Anthony V. Cardona ’70 Moot Court Program.
- The 2023 Disability Law Series session: “Consent of Adults in Adoption & Marriage Decisions” presented by the Government Law Center
- Embracing Equity in the Courtroom, presented by the Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York and the Women's Leadership Initiative
- A Community service opportunity at New Hope Church