Our partners at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (ACPHS) are offering Albany Law School students, faculty, and staff COVID rapid-tests before leaving campus for break. Testing for pre-Thanksgiving travel will cost $35.00, which is payable by check (no cash) at the time of the test.
We hope this might alleviate some anxiety that may be associated with individuals returning home for Thanksgiving.
You can make an appointment at: https://acphscovidtesting.timetap.com/#/
Testing will be available:
- Monday, 11/16 8:30-3:00
- Tuesday, 11/17 8:30-3:00
- Wednesday, 11/18 8:30-3:00
- Thursday, 11/19 8:30-3:00
- Friday, 11/20 8:30-3:00
- Monday, 11/23 8:30-3:30
As a reminder, there are free tests available at a variety of pharmacy locations, from your primary care provider, and New York State Testing Sites. Find a NYS testing site at: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you.
- The Public Health and Safety Committee continues to discourage travel for those who will return to the law school after Thanksgiving break, and urges all community members to avoid indoor gatherings, wear masks, and maintain distance, even when with family.
- For those who must travel, Albany Law School will adhere to the Governor’s COVID-19 Travel Advisory both for travel prior to Thanksgiving, and then post-Thanksgiving break for those individuals who may wish to use law school facilities.
The Governor’s advisory currently requires:
For travelers who are out-of-state for more than 24 hours:
- Travelers must obtain a test within three days of departure, prior to arrival in New York.
- The traveler must, upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of their quarantine, the traveler must obtain another COVID test. If both tests come back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
- If a second COVID test is not obtained after quarantining in NY for 3 days the traveler must quarantine for a full 14 days.
For travelers who are out-of-state for less than 24 hours:
- The traveler does not need a test prior to their departure from the other state, and does not need to quarantine upon arrival in New York State.
- However, the traveler must fill out the NYS traveler form upon entry into New York State, and take a COVID diagnostic test 4 days after their arrival in New York.
The Law School will let you know if the Governor changes his COVID-19 Travel advisory.
Guidance regarding the return for the Spring 2021 semester will be sent to the community soon.
Thank you again for all of your support in minimizing our community exposure to COVID-19.