Financial aid brochures are included in the Virtual Accepted Students' Admit packet. Returning students will get them via e-mail or you can obtain the brochure from the Financial Aid Office.
You are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as you apply to ensure that your aid is processed in time to appear on your first tuition bill. For JD students: Accepted applicants with a completed FAFSA on file will receive a letter of estimated eligibility.
Once your deposit is paid, an e-mail will be sent with instructions on how to review and accept/reject your awards on Self-Service via the portal.
1. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- You can file electronically at:
- Albany Law School's Title IV Code is: G02886
- You will need your FSA login.
Please go to
www.studentloans.gov to complete the following three steps (you will need your FSA login again)
- Complete the mandatory Entrance Counseling (be sure to indicate that you are a graduate student)
- Complete the mandatory Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement.
- Complete the Unsubsidized Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Complete the Grad PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN). Once you are logged in, please use the selection for "Complete Master Promissory Note." This link will get you to the MPN for both Stafford and Grad PLUS. If you use the link "Apply for a PLUS Loan ," that is NOT sufficient.
You do NOT need to wait for the offer letter to complete the items in #2.