The Career Services Management System (“CSM”)
When employers finally sit down with all of the submitted applications, they may have hundreds to look through. At first glance, a simple formatting error or grammatical error is an easy way to quickly pare down the pile of applications. Don’t give a potential employer a reason to rule out your application before they even consider your credentials! Have the Career Center and Peer Writing Assistants help you put your best foot forward. That’s what we’re here for!
The CSM has a feature called “Resource Library.” Here, you can find pdf documents containing answers and examples that will help you with questions like:
- What is my cover letter/résumé supposed to look like?
- What is my cover letter/résumé supposed to say?
- What should I use as a writing sample?
- How do I format my writing sample?
You can use these documents to help you get started, then use the Career Center staff and Peer Writing Assistants to make sure that you are submitting the best job application possible. We can help with formatting and grammar, and with developing a narrative that highlights your skills and experience.
- Go to the CSM Website.
- Log in.
- “Resource Library” is the 4th tab from the left. Click it. Then click “Resource Library” in the drop down tab.
- You can then use the search box to locate the resource you want e.g. “Cover Letter"